The thinking behind our brand name: Strawberry & Cream
Strawberries & cream is an iconic food pairing in British culture. The sweet and sour taste of strawberries paired with cream ... makes a refreshing, comforting & decadent food. Simple, yet elegant – it evokes a feeling of happiness.
Our beautiful sheets are not edible. But once you tuck in we are confident that you will find the experience heavenly! Our luxurious and opulent sheets help you get a great night’s sleep. Wake up feeling refreshed, energised and ready to face the day.
The logic behind our product design
The following characteristics, are important in the design of high quality bed linen:
a) The luxurious feel of well-made quality bedding - against our skin in aiding restful sleep.
b) A simplified bed making process. Often, we get the fitted sheet in the wrong position. Also putting on a duvet cover is cumbersome and frustrating when the duvet tangles.
c) Simple in design yet an opulent, stylish and attractive piece of décor on your bed.
d) The ability to create a 5-star looking, well made bed every day in a fraction of time.
We designed our sheets to meet the above criteria in the following ways:
1) Well-made quality bedding
We wanted to make our products luxurious, well designed, stylish & affordable. To achieve this, we worked and learnt from some of our factory's most experienced and expert staff.
2) A simplified bed making process
- Two distinct features make our duvet cover unique. These are side flaps & strategically placed decorative bands in the middle.
- Our Duvet Cover has side flaps. These side flaps are helpful, if needed, to adjust the Duvet inside so that it sits flush on the edges of the Duvet Cover. The side flaps create an opening on the sides of the Duvet Cover, to allow for this adjusting to happen. With a traditional styled Duvet Cover this is not possible, as there is no side opening. The flaps also act as a marker when folding the duvet at the top end for a hotel look.
- Our Duvet Covers in our "Signature Collection" have strategically placed inner decorative bands. These bands are designed to sit on the edges of the mattress. This gives an even spread of the duvet around the bed, for the perfect look.
- Our "Signature Collection" Fitted Sheets have an embroidered logo. It is on the bottom right hand corner. It is a helpful marker which ensures you never make a mistake in placing the fitted sheet the right way on the bed.
- Flat Sheets in our "Signature Collection" have strategically placed decorative bands. It ensures that when placing the Flat Sheet on the bed, you get an equal spread around the bed.
We recommend simple style changes like leaving the Flat Sheet untucked. It eliminates the cumbersome task of tucking it under the mattress.
3) Attractive piece of décor
- We have chosen the colours of our bed sheets match other colour schemes in your bedroom.
- We recommend you match your bed sheets in contrasting colours. It will transform the look of your bed.
- Simple style changes in how you dress your bed can have a dramatic effect. For example, leaving your Flat Sheet untucked adds an attractiveness to the style of the bed... especially if it is a different colour to your Duvet Cover.
- Having contrast colour matching pillows adds a certain charm and playfulness.
Our brand ethos
How well you sleep can influence your mental & physical well-being. How well you start your day influences how well your day goes. Set the tone to a great start to the day by waking up refreshed. Take pride in the quality of your bedding and the task of making your bed daily.
Simplifying the bed making process is very important to us. We also place great importance in styling bed sheets to look stunning and attractive pieces of décor on your bed.
Fabric construction too is very important to us, as it impacts sheet quality. High quality bedding should last for years.
This is especially relevant, now that we live in a world of accelerating climate change. Fast fashion, and the use of cheap quality fabrics, may result in cost savings in the short term. But it has a negative impact on the earth’s resources and health. Cheap quality fabrics do not last long, and need replacing often. It depletes precious resources faster e.g. water - and is also more costly to the customer.
We all have a duty to be mindful about our consumption habits. One of the key ethos of our products is to encourage the habit of buying less, but buying high quality. Choosing quality over quantity.
Buying ethical means being compassionate and smarter with our choices. We all have a duty to be stakeholders in the wellbeing of the earth & future generations.